Pages

    Friday, March 12, 2010

    Ferrero Rocher x Party Dress



    Hi :) Delilah here!

    For my first post, I didn't have anything in particular planned. The whole idea of Vanilla Chymes came out of a spur of excitement and I've been wanting to start something like the for quite a while now. I'm sooo happy to have this up and running (thank you, Jeisa!). So to start off, I guess I should say that I'm currently residing in an urban cement jungle in Asia (aka. Hong Kong). And I'm study something completely unrelated to fashion, art, or anything innovative in college (okay, I'm exaggerating a little, but that's how I feel sometimes!)

    Here's a treat to begin Vanilla Chymes...
    I've always loved Ferrero Rocher Chocolates. There's just something about the creamy soft inside and the crunchy almond bits sprinkled on top that I couldn't get enough of (besides, I only got a box once every year or so. My mom doesn't like chocolate, so I'd only have Ferrero Rochers during festivities from presents). I used to take the gold tape on the side of the chocolate box and use it to decorate this sides of my bookshelves and I stick the tiny stickers onto a page of my schedule. Hehe. Basically, I'm Ferrero obsessed.

    One day in high school, I noticed the pretty concentric circle pattern on the bottom of the wrappers and *TADA* I though it looked a lot like the traffeta on the bottom of wedding gowns, evening dresses, and Betsey Johnson party dresses! So I made a version of a full length gown immediately. Sometime in the few months, I came across the work of Danny Roberts and fell in love with his style of painting, drawing on glass, and speed painting videos and I wanted to try it out myself. So I tried sketching out a girl from his painting ( I vaguely remember seeing a picture similar to that of ZhangZiYi at the Dior fashion show) and I didn't really like the black dress. So from the party dress shape, I decided to add in a Fererro pattern :)

    Step 1: Sketching
    Step 2 Cutting out the shapes
    Step 3 Gluing it together
    ... and that's all I've gotten to so far. I'm hoping to add in a water color background but I couldn't make up my mind. Hopefully I'll get back to it soon enough.

    all for now :)

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    VanillaChymes © 2010