Pages

    Tuesday, September 7, 2010

    Les Vernis de Chanel in Khaki


    Today is September 7th and there's still three more days till Fashion's Night Out. In addition to that and the coming fashion week, us fashion-lovers have lots to look forward to.

    Currently number one on my list is the launch of the newest Chanel Les Vernis line, Les Khakis de Chanel. My first bottle of nail polish was a transparent magenta shade from my aunt when I was seven. I went on to buying nail polish in middle school and high school occasionally. And not until Chanel re-vamped the hype for nail color did I realize how fun nail polish has always been. It's like an extra accessory that stays with you wherever you go. And with all this note typing in lectures (uni just started this week), I don't mind staring at pretty fingers. No wait, pretty finger nails :)

    Peter Phillips, Global Creative Director of Chanel, has worked his magic again with the latest Les Khakis line. So let me take you on a little trail of his work so far that has really clenched on to the current fashion scene.

    F/W 2009 Jade and Jade Rose

    Jade 407
    Before this, I honestly believed that I could never wear anything green-ish and that would include on my nails. But seeing Jade was definitely a revelation. It was fun and unique. And I'll admit, I spent practically the next year looking for it because no one else had it!

    My Take on Jade
    Ain't it prettyyy? It took me almost a year to find an equivalent that I found totally affordable. This color is from the Korean brand's Skin Food's Nail Vita collection and it costs 25hkd (around 3USD). It's rather light though, so I had to put on three layers. But afterwards, I was satisfied for a good week until I fixed up the chipped bits. It's a little bit on the shiny shimmery side but I still love the color. It's perfect for a summer day. :)



    S/S 2010 : Nouvelle Vague, Riviera, and Mistral

    Nouvelle Vague 527
    There seems to be a brighter, blue-r shade going on here. Great for the summer and those light summer dresses. And it'll still stand out against the blue of the ocean and beaches.


    S/S 2010 Orient Extreme: Black Velvet, Illusion D'or, Gold Lame (accent on the e)


    A re-definition of the French manicure. It's glittery, its sparkly, and no one's quite done anything like it. Very well matched with the Paris-Shanghai collection and the gold & black eye make-up colors. I can see these colors looking good with a little black dress.

    F/W 2010 Paradoxal

    F/W 2010 Rouge Allure: Rouge Fatal, Rose Insolent, Rose Confidentiel(not pictured, out October 2010)

    September 7th (online) and 10th (in store), 2010 Soho Collection: Steel and Strong
    Limited Edition
    This is very city chic. It matches those powerful working women in black suits and those little black dresses that you can wear to any party. So, I'm guessing the Soho collection is for those Soho busy-bodies out there? My take on it would be to try OPI's Nichole Gossip Girl line for Steel and Sephora's metallic nail polish Merengue, a gold mix with Strong's darker purple shade, for Strong.


    September 10th, 2010 Les Khakis de Chanel: Khaki Rose, Khaki Vert, and Khaki Burn
    Limited Edition
    Ah, this is the collection I've been waiting for. The fuss this year has all been about the beige, brown, and the military greens. Well, Chanel's done it again, by being the only one with a grey-military green color. I've looked and looked. I'm really not sure who else is also carrying this color. And I want it. Bad. Chanel has a really good reason for coming up with these colors. What else would match your shearling jackets, beige blazers, and military jackets? I'm a sucker for colors (I just bought a maroon Staedler pen yesterday, not because I needed it. I just thought the color was pretty). Anyone, will you get one for Delilah as a back to school present? Because she really really wants one and she'd let you be her (second) best friend if you do.


    By the way, as I was doing the research for this post, I found an astonishingly large collection of Chanel Les Vernis here. Take a look if you want to see a rather close to complete collection of Les Vernis!

    All for now,
    Delilah

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    VanillaChymes © 2010