Pages

    Saturday, May 14, 2011

    Givenchy Couture Gives You Wings


    I'm BACK! After a uber long delay of assignments, exams, and a wee bit of vacation trip planning, I've decided to re-vamp this blog little by little. I'm not exactly the most tech savvy person out there, but I'll try to do some finishing touches that I hadn't figured out before. Let's see if you can notice the difference, hehehe.

    First off, I've been really behind with the recent season but Givenchy Spring 2011 Couture by Riccardo Tisci has recently caught my eye via a spread wit Vogue Paris May 2011. The Givenchy dress just took my breath away. The feather and stitching detail. The wings on the loose sleeves. I was totally taken a by this floor length Black Swan-esque gown. This led me to take a closer look at this couture collection. Interesting enough, the shoes and hats were by Philip Treacy. I was quite distracted by the hats when I first saw the collection but now I see the unique oriental (not the usual QiPao collar, jade jewelry elements) and Japanese samurai vibe going on. Some origami (my favorite, I used to swoon at the days when Galliano did origami for Dior Couture). Altogether, impressive Couture gowns! I'll make sure to follow up on Riccardo Tisci future collections.

    On the Runway: Givenchy Spring 2011 Couture

    Kate Moss in Vogue Paris May 2011 by Mert & Marcus


    Josephine Skriver in Vogue Germany May 2011 by Greg Kadel

    On the Red Carpet: Cate Blanchett at the Academy Awards 2011
    & Florence Welch at the Grammy Awards 2011

    All for now,
    Delilah

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    VanillaChymes © 2010