Pages

    Monday, February 14, 2011

    descendant of de la Renta



    Hey! Jeisa's back with an incredibly belated post

    I am positively appalled at how long its been since I've last written an entry so I'd definitely like to apologize and thank Delilah at the same time for keeping the fort up.


    Ok. Oscar de la Renta. Everybody should know him, right?

    Well, enter...

    Moises de la Renta.
    I'm pretty sure his last name rings a bell, doesn't it? Yes, he's the son of the legendary Oscar de la Renta. I've always been a huge fan of Oscar de la Renta ever since I can remember. Watching all those celebrities stroll down the red-carpet in his completely stunning designs, I could have fainted. His name is and will always be synonymous with femininity and classic chic.

    Now his son, Moises de la Renta, a budding designer has also begun to leave his mark in the fashion industry. In early 2009, he had announced that he was launching his own fashion line appropriately named MDLR. Last year, he coupled up with Mango to produce MDLR for Mango, where he created a line of limited edition t-shirts exclusively for the Spanish brand.

    Moises de la Renta & models (MDLR for Mango)
    credit: keepthebeat.mango.com



    I was lucky enough to snag a MDLR for Mango t-shirt whilst shopping last year (this just shows how belated this post is). I have to say, I absolutely adore it. It's whimsical and romantic without being 'too much'.



    I have to say, I'm incredibly pleased with what he's come up with. Talking about t-shirts alone, I've never actually found a designer t-shirt that I've liked. They've always been too eccentric and too 'out-there' for me. So, needless to say, I can't wait to see what he comes up with.

    MDLR for Mango -- limited edition t-shirts
    The above three are my favourite amongst the entire collection; yes, I like them even better than the one I bought but alas, I didn't see these in stock. Very depressing, I know.

    He recently also dressed Michelle Obama, seen here in this simple red sheath:
    Credit: colorlines.com

    MDLR for Mango has shown me a small peek at what Moises de la Renta is capable of and I have to say, I'm truly excited to see what he will produce for MDLR. It seems that de la Renta's fashion legacy will definitely live on for a long long time.

    Until next time...

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    VanillaChymes © 2010