Pages

    Sunday, May 16, 2010

    meet me on the steps of the MET


    Once in a year, the glitzey and the glamourous come together on the red carpets of the Metropolitan Museum's Costume Institute Benefit and raise a major fashion frenzy. Afterall, it's New York City and a bunch of fashion lovers and celebrities put together.


    Picks by Delilah...
     Coco Rocha (in Zac Posen) looks like she's wearing Monet, the clouds, and the glistening blue seas altogether in one dress. I'm mesmerized by the colors.

    Rachel Bilson (in Louis Vuitton) looks so chic in this classy Louis Vuitton dress. This lets every petite Asian girl out there (hehe, including myself) know that we CAN wear Louis Vuitton and look just as good as the model on the runway.

     Phillip Lim & Alexa Chung (in 3.1 Phillip Lim). While everyone else is wearing party dresses and sweeping gowns, Alexa Chung does what she does best: wear something different! The black bow on the white blouse is cute and platform heels make her look fierce, but stylish!

    Lastly, there's Jessica Szorhr (in Versace). I can't see why Style.com did not include her. I actually really liked the dress the moment I saw it on a news footage. There's black lace on nude fabric. It's subtle statement of beauty. And it looks really good with Jessica Szorhr's tan.

    Photo Credits: Coco Rocha, Rachel Bilson and Alexa Chung from style.com and Jessica Szorhr from jessica-szohr.com

    Jeisa here! Apologies for the lack of posts, I've been incredibly busy and then...Delilah came up with this ridiculously wonderful idea about posting about MET outfits which I have been going craaaazy over. It's the Red, White & Blue: the Metropolitan Museum of Art celebrating American Woman: Fashioning A National Identity. A myriad of chic and well-dressed individuals storming the steps of the MET, what more could you really ask for?

    My favourites?
    Emma Watson (Burberry) style.com. One of my absolute favourites of the night. She looked effortlessly chic and pulled off a white dress without looking washed out. Amazing.

    Anne Hathaway (Valentino). This dress actually grew on me the more I saw it. It's hard to pull off a ball gown but Anne Hathaway definitely managed to, she looked positively divine. Not to mention, I have a huge thing for nude coloured dresses this season and this was just one fairytale dress I couldn't resist.





    Blake Lively (Marchesa). Marchesa is just brilliant to me. Georgina Chapman is a genius. Therefore, it's no wonder that this dress was another hit. From the gorgeous hue of the dress to the intricate designs of this mini, there's really nothing else you need to say---Blake Lively looked stunning and gorgeous and definitely, stood out as one of the best-dressed of the night.

    Last but not least...

    Yes, another ball gown. Jennifer Lopez (Zuhair Murad). The intricate details of the dress just kill me. It's positively beautiful and I kind of wish that Jennifer's hair wasn't so unruly but either way, my focus is on the dress. Now, what girl wouldn't want to get married in that?

    That's all from me! Until next time, loves!

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    VanillaChymes © 2010