Pages

    Thursday, October 7, 2010

    knock on wood


    TREND REPORT 2011: CLUNKY WOODEN SHOES
    [photo credits: style.com]

    It seems to me that designers are quite obsessed with the element of wood in the recent showcases during New York Fashion Week. I'll let the pictures do the talking before I give my own take on it.

    3.1 Philip Lim

    Custo Barcelona

    Derek Lam

    Donna Karan

    Doo.Ri

    I'll be blunt: I'm really not a fan.
    The only pair of shoes I would consider wearing would be from the Calvin Klein Collection, who did an amazing job in utilizing the element of wood in a more modern and demure manner.

    What do you think of this trend? Will it last or disappear after a season?

    More fashion week posts coming soon so stay tuned!


    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    VanillaChymes © 2010